Community Protection Notice served for chimney smoke

Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council has reported that a Community Protection Notice was served on two residents in Burbage following neighbour complaints relating to persistent smoke from a wood burning stove. The notice was served following advisory visits and monitoring by officers. During monitoring it was established that treated wood was being burned. There have been no further complaints since the notice was served.

Open fires and wood-burning stoves have risen in popularity over recent years. This means we now see more smoke from chimneys, which can annoy neighbours. The two main factors that determine the efficiency of the stoves and the amount of smoke produced is the fuel used and the maintenance of the appliance.

Posted: Mon, 06 Aug 2018 11:21 by Parish Council

Tags: News